CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 30, 2008

Quickie

I'm supposed to be working, and am going to re-write an old post that was lost by the poorly formatted DukeEngage blog, so this will be short and sweet.

Time for another edition of Engagement by the Numbers:

  1. Mosquito bites from Saturday night: 12.
  2. Obscenities thought in effort not to scratch: 108.
  3. Street cars run for since we've been here: 8.
  4. 99 cent ATMs found: 3.
  5. Places in NO that take only cash and make ATMs vital: 84.
  6. Mornings my suitemates and I have overslept: 12.
  7. Times we've told our DukeEngage Coordinator about: 2.
  8. Number if "incident reports" filed for DukeEngage NOLA: 7.
  9. Times we've gotten turned around and ended up in the 'hood: 6.
  10. Sketchy old men who've catcalled us: 3-5 per day.
  11. Locals who've asked my Indian fellow Engager where she's from: 1 per day.
  12. Tree roaches I've run from: 6.
  13. Guys who've given me their numbers (after asking for mine usually): 5.
  14. Percentage of them that I've called: 0%.
  15. Percentage of men who think it's okay to be a creeper on Bourbon: 87%.
  16. Times I've sweated out my hair after attempting to curl it: daily.
  17. Hilarious conversations overheard on the streetcar: 22.
  18. Reasons to fall in love with the city: infinite.
(accuracy of statistics not verifiable)

More extensive reflections later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

TREE ROACHES? These things roam through.... trees???

Christine said...

my love for you . . . it has exponentially increased :D (don't underestimate previous love however)