CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 14, 2009

Clearly I'm not that focused today...

Dear Co-Workers,

If any of y'all happen to read this, and check the time stamp I'm sorry. It's Monday, and I'm just not feeling this whole work thing. I'm working on my memo though honest. This whole becoming a social networking expert concept just keeps getting me sidetracked. Please don't fire me.

Yours,
Sam

Alright, now that that's out of the way- just a quick update on my earlier nag- interesting perspective from Professor MAN. (If I knew how to do that thing where you start someone's post and then it finishes on their blog, I would. But, as you can see, I don't. So click it yourselves please and thanks! )

It is indeed quite possible that all of this was staged. That would have been genius marketing on MTV's part, though I hesitate to give them that much credit.
I do however, believe that cultural scripts were definitely followed. The usual folks denounced Kanye, and the usuals stuck up for him, Ms. Swift got to look aghast at the Black bogeyman, and I am quite sure many more "urban" folks are aware of her presence than previously. Gotta say though, if it was staged I think Beyonce got the best deal of the bunch. Nice way to make up for any lingering doubts about her divadom to those who remember Destiny's Child's many personnel changes and her much gossiped about role in that. I drank her Kool-aid long ago, but I saw at least one facebook status of a new convert after last night...

Okay, exiting pop culture to focus on saving the world. Gotta get something done today if I want to keep riding my non-profit high horse!

0 comments: