CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 11, 2009

The Old Man is Snoring

This morning it was raining cats, dogs and giraffes. Yes, giraffes. It is that serious.




And I couldn't help but think, that the last time I remember having somewhere to be during such a storm, I was still at Duke. And I think I made that an e-meeting (read: a gchat conversation rather than leaving my apartment and treking across campus.) Buuut today I sat in traffic, avoided hydroplaning purely through prayer, and got to work on time. What a difference a few months makes. Suppose I'm doing that dependable thing I vowed to try post-grad.


And now to the daily vent session. (These make me feel good. How do y'all feel about it?):

Nags: I realize that this is entirely on me, and I'll fix it as of next week, but I have totally fallen off the weekday workout wagon. Shame on me. And it's a vicious cycle, because not getting those endorphins makes me sluggish, which makes me not wanna work out, and on and on. Note to self- do better.
Brags: It's a friend filled week! Yay Dukies! And yay for Chipotle not kicking us out after an extended stay. And especially yay for one of my fav sopranos relocating to the District. Awesomeness all around. Oh! And a brag on my hair withstanding the rain. That hairdresser most definitely earned her tip.



Updates on adventure count stats laterrrrr. Off to vacuum the office, lol. Ohh the joys of small non-profits. ^Exciting^***


***Note: The above carrots are now going to be used to indicate sarcasm, per the suggestion of Jenny Rose. Sarcastic carrots. I like it. Learn it, use it, spread it, love it!

1 comments:

JennyRose said...

Sarcasm carrots! Tell all your friends!