CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

It begins...

I think I'm serious about this adventure thing... I have brainstormed some ideas, and am finding assistants to help get things done. Thus far, I have one person who's interested enough to comment (shout outs to Rosalia), and another who has volunteered to participate in said adventures.

So, in the spirit of interactivity, I have put up a poll. YOU, whoever you are, get to pic my first adventure! Yes, these are all rather small things, but I gotta start somewhere. They all require little or no planning, and could feasibly be done next week.

The candidates:

  • Brussel sprouts- I've never had them. Basically I decided not to like them the way many little kids decide not to like things- it was green. But, since I'm now friends with broccoli, it seems like I could perhaps get down with the sprouts.
  • Climb a tree- No, I never learned as a child. I wanted to, but was not much of an outdoorsy girl, and since trees don't grow inside of suburban homes... Yea. This seems like something one should do at some point in their life. Yes, I'm late, but who cares? No time like the present!
  • Red lipstick- There's sposed to be a shade out there for everyone, right? The closest I've ever come was bright pink, which I used to LOVE in my theater days. (Not necessarily saying this was always a good choice.) Now that was bold, but still, pink is not red. I'm wondering if I can pull this off.
  • Cartwheel- For an explanation, see climbing a tree above. Except, add a bit more embarassment because this just seems like a basic skill.
So yea, if at least 10 people vote, I'll let you all choose my adventure. If not, I'm doing what I darn well please.

(Note: all of these are on the list, and therefore likely to be done within the year. It's just a matter of when!)

3 comments:

JennyRose said...

It was a tough choice. However, I think climbing a tree would be the best first choice. It'll be a big accomplishment that you can measure. Wearing red lipstick? Okay, but you put it on and then you forget about it. Brussel Sprouts? Short thrill. Cartwheel? I'm ignoring because I can't do one either. Therefore, climbing a tree seems like the best way to kickstart this project.

(Also, I may have voted twice. I'm not really sure. If I did, then I'm just that enthusiastic about it.)

Dana said...

I object to thinking that if you put red lipstick on you do it and forget about it. It's something that I find gives me confidence, makes me feel good, and appears to make the people around me notice me even more - in a good way. Just like a great power suit, the perfect red lipstick is something you can put on and feel great in so I say do that first! Everyone can use that kind of a pick me up!

JennyRose said...

Okay, I conceed the point on red lipstick. I guess I just haven't found the right color yet. :-P