CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 17, 2009

A plan takes shape

Over the weekend, I saw the movie Julie and Julia. I loved the food, and the romance of it all, and Meryl Streep and Amy Adams, but something in particular inspired me about it. The idea that writing and having a blog to hold her accountable basically changed Julie's life.

Not that my life needs a total overhaul, but, I admit I find myself a bit dull. So, I'm going to take the fledgling thoughts of my last post, and make it bigger. In the next year, starting next week, I am going to get a life, and I'm gonna tell you all (yep, all 3 of you, lol) about it.

Here's the plan:

  1. I'm giving myself a year deadline. This is partly a rip-off of the movie, and partly just a logical timeline. It makes sense to have a life a little over a year after graduation, and it seems like enough time to become a genuinely interesting person.
  2. Every week, I'm going to have 2 adventures of some sort. Now, some of these will be small adventures, like eating a new kind of food, and others will be much bigger, like the modern dance class I am signing up for. The criteria is just that it be something that could potentially enrich my existence, and that it be something that's out of the ordinary for me.
  3. I will blog about it. This guarantees at least 2 posts a week, but seems like it would necessitate more to describe prep, any after effects, etc.
Well my faithful readers, let me know if you have any thoughts on this. Between now and Sunday the plan is to come up with at least a preliminary list of the things I'll want to do. I'm thinking it should be a lot of fun. I'm also contemplating ways to make it interactive if I discover that anyone anywhere is paying attention. And, worst case scenario, I'm okay with quiet improvements to my life.

In summary:
  1. Love Meryl Streep.
  2. I intend to accomplish 104 things in 52 days.
  3. Hopefully this will super fun, and not super lame.
  4. Please leave questions, comments, advice and ideas!
Oh, and here's a trailer for the movie that's inspired this journey. I thought it was adorable and definitely recommend it, especially for lovers of chick flicks and/or food (the general population, no?).



1 comments:

JennyRose said...

First of all, I think it's an amazing idea. And good for you for going for it full-throttle.

Secondly, I believe that one of these adventures should include coming up to the NY/NJ area and seeing an old friend. Say, one Jennifer from a certain show you once did in high school.

Yes, I'm using your life-chaning plan as a way to see you. Deal. :-P

-Jenn (Rosalia)